Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Sunday, January 10, 2010

snips & snails & puppy dogs tails

so much for not finding out! I was the one pushing for a surprise because I thought it would be such an awesome moment - and I'm sure it would be - we just won't know this time! Really, to do the whole waiting thing, I think the second child is the worst option. just foolish. crazy. absurd. you get my sentiment. PLUS I got permission from my Mormor to find out - and she was the one I was most worried would be disappointed if we changed our minds because she was so thrilled with the idea that we would wait to find out.

THAT SAID, as you can see in the blog below clearly it hasn't been fun for us not to know. Justin has wanted to know the gender the entire time - I had it in my head that it would be really neat to wait. He remembered from the first pregnancy how he felt more connected knowing we were anxiously awaiting our baby girl. Taking that into consideration, along with my desire to have everything organized and ready and my need for a distraction in life and something to throw myself into right now made it a pretty easy decision. We wanted to know and we had a way to find out so dang it, we were going to find out! After six phone calls to Andrea assuring her it wasn't a test and YES we really did want to know and no we wouldn't hold it against her for opening the envelope we know that (drum roll please...........................................................)


I WAS RIGHT! I've been 80% sure the entire time it was a boy... this pregnancy has felt so much different than the first and I just had that feeling! *SIGH* I'm so glad we know now, and to be completely honest - I'm glad we did it the way we did! I think what still made this such a unique surprise was how we found out. Instead of hearing it from a technician we got to find out from my sister, which made it that much more special! Her voice cracked when she told us, I started crying, J was fist pumping and he's nearly certain Alex teared up as well when they were on the phone after Andrea and I were done with our girly gushing! Oh my gosh, I am completely thrilled, we are so blessed. Our baby boy!!

so, for those of you disappointed we found out - that's quite alright - if there's a B3 I told Justin there's no way we would find out. and I'm mostly completely confident I'll be able to hold out for the surprise. probably.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Aaagghhh!!!! I am SO, SO, SO excited for you guys! You are going to LOVE having a son (although they are kind of smelly). And now I know about 20 things I want to buy and send your way...or maybe I can just deliver them in person when you move to Colorado. Food for thought. I love you!

Unknown said...

HOLLAA!!! Congrats you guys, I'm so excited! Bella will be so good with a little baby brother. :) Can't wait to meet him!!!!!!!!!
Love, Anna

kails said...

a: i knew it was a boy. whenever i think of you in my childhood with your baggy t-shirts tucked into your shorts playing roller hockey in the cul-de-sac (yes, i am thinking of the picture) and being mean to me with david, i just know that you have to have a boy. it's only right.
b: i knew you'd end up finding out.
c: i'm very excited :)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Like I said on Facebook, whether you find out now or later, it doesn't matter. Its always a blessing to know how you're family is being formed.

Congrats dear friend! There is nothing quite like having a son! Mine melts my heart every day.

Christine said...

You are too funny! Congratulations! SOOOOOOOO excited for all of you.

Kara said...

You didn't hold out very long ( : Congratulations!! Now you can pick out a nursery set that is absolutely perfect for him!

Andrea said...

wow...I teared up a little bit again reading the post. This is seriously weird. Not quite sure why I'm so emotional about this! I'm so happy I got to be the one to tell you!!!!

Oh...and sorry in advance if Isaiah ever tackles him (at least before he's a year old....)

Courtney said...

I'm glad you found out!!!! I think it would be cool to wait too but I'm on the side that I think I would become more emotionally attached knowing who I was going to meet in 9 months. A boy!!! Do you guys have names picked out?