Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Thursday, January 28, 2010

*sigh*

please excuse me while I brag on my rock-star husband! this pregnancy hasn't been easy... especially considering my pregnancy with Bella was so easy. My back's been hurting a lot lately, I try not to be dramatic about it and I think I mostly do alright about it, until I'm home and then I render myself useless. not only does Justin help as much as possible so I can rest and relax when I get home from work, but he went above and beyond tonight! The other day I was rifling through the mail when I got home and between the catalogs and bills (why do those always coincide? snap.) was a card with just my name on it in J's chicken scratch... inside was a little card with information about a prenatal massage he had set up for me. whaaaat?!

So today after work I head straight to the massage place to get my prenatal massage... I knew they couldn't do any kind of deep tissue massages because apparently I could go into labor (umm, yes please!) but it still was amazing! I left feeling far more relaxed than I'd felt in a crazy long time! SO the hour to myself for a massage isn't even where it ends - a text was waiting for me in the car with directions to stop at Cheesecake Factory to pick up an order of my favorite meal that he had called ahead and ordered. as I was waiting in line to pick up the order all the cheesecake in the display was staring at me calling my name - but I'd been spoiled enough, I didn't need the cheesecake, especially since J's not a huge fan so I couldn't even spin it that I got something for us to share. The lady pulls out my food, I pull out my card and then she pulls out... a piece of strawberry cheesecake - he included it in the order!

now I'm just going to sit here content and comfortable. seriously, my husband is phenomenal.

8 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Um, yeah. I think Justin needs to give Jon a few pointers! =) He gets major props for that one!

Courtney said...

Holy cow. Go Justin!

Gwen and David said...

Oh, that is AWESOME Dana! Way to go Justin! Thanks for sharing this story!

kails said...

aw :)
i promise i haven't forgotten about bella's wonderful sealed letter... i'm just beating my personal record for procrastination right now.
you'll probably get it before the little guy is born...

Anne said...

What a good hubby you have! And Dana...if you lived close, I would give you a prenatal massage anytime...I got certified in it last year and I love giving them. I love giving massages in general, but I REALLY love giving prenatal b/c I know that making the mom feel better is important for baby too. :) Glad you got to enjoy a massage AND a fun dinner AND yummy cheesecake all for yourself!!! :)

Sherry said...

what a great guy. love that sometimes, they know just what you need!

Unknown said...

Awww... Justin is so sweet! And what a deserving lady you are too. :)

Christine said...

You got a great one Dana! He's awesome, and you deserve it.