Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Saturday, February 9, 2008

a few things...

  • In the shower this morning I noticed I can no longer see my feet
  • Despite my best efforts, I got stretch marks -- but not on my stomach, no one tells you you can get them anywhere suffice it to say I won't be wearing swimsuits anytime soon (or ever again)
  • Another little tidbit no one felt necessary to share: you start leaking long before the baby comes, old wives tale says that means breastfeeding won't be as difficult, at this point I just would have liked a warning. The first time it happened I thought I had drooled on myself!
  • I'm pretty convinced that our baby is going to be "Baby Girl" for at least a few days - we absolutely can't decide on a name that we both like... and everytime I mention a name we're considering I get so many opinions about them that we're done sharing until her announcement.
  • I'm left wondering after every shopping trip why the maternity tops are cut so high... clearly the designers haven't been looking forward to filling out a bra their entire life. Have they never heard flaunt it if you've got it?! geez...
  • We went registering for Baby Bail last weekend, I've been back a few times and still I'm so overwhelmed by it all. I remember registering for wedding gifts and it was basically the same thing. We had lists of suggested items but are left wondering still the difference between what we'll need and what's extra.

I leave you with a picture Justin and I took on New Years Eve -- at the beginning of my pregnancy I asked him to go pound for pound with me, but not so much anymore. At our last OB appointment the doctor said I'm supposed to gain 1-2 lbs a week so I let him off the hook! I'll get another picture up soon, this was six weeks ago!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dana you are the cutest ever! i am so excited for you and hurray for boobs. love you girl

Sherry said...

Such a cute picture! You are cute! I'd love to see a newer pic of you too:). This has been so fun to read about your pregnancy journey.

Britni said...

So how big are your boobs...ha ha! I'm thrilled for you and I will be on the look out for some sexy maternity tops for you to strut around in! Love ya girl.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I love the newest photo on MySpace. You look amazing, Dana! =) Love the post, especially the part about leaking and wanting to show off the new "babies". =) Horray for pregnancy, otherwise I'd never know what it feels like to actually have boobs. Instead of the ones that only fill a training bra. Beware though: once you're done breastfeeding, they shrink even smaller than before!!

Dana Marie said...

they can't get any smaller than when we started--there would just be indentations... haha