I had a pretty cranky day at work - the kind where I call Justin on the way home to apologize in advance if I happen to be unreasonable later and kinda sorta maybe a little take it out on him later. the most unfortunate part of my position is even though I technically do PR, somehow the obligation to answer every one's concerns (read: complaints) falls in my lap. it was just one of those days where I couldn't get ahead with them either. we had two events over the weekend and for whatever reason, each problem we resolved I got another call or email from someone else that was even more feisty and angry than the person prior. it was awesome.
to top it all off, I had an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed on the way home. which is a lie because I don't go anywhere nice enough for an appointment, fortunately for me Great Clips or whatever is available for me whenever I need them. haha! and you know it was a bad day when I'm laying back in the neckraping chair and she's ripping wax off my eyebrow and I almost fell asleep because it was somehow relaxing... ANYWAY, right next to the hair place is a Hallmark so I went in with hopes for some retail therapy- success!
I'm not sure what it is about buying cards for people that gets me in such a good mood. it happens almost every time without fail. I love browsing the aisles looking for nothing in particular and finding that perfect card that make me think of the someone I love. the reaction I know they'll have opening the card amplifies that feeling even more! For example: I got my girlfriend Emily the most wildly inappropriate Valentine's Day card and I can literally hear her laugh and see her throw her head back when she reads it, and my heart was happy. I found the most gaggy sentimental card for my brother because I know he'll think it's ridiculous, but deep down will appreciate the thought. I'm not sure how it ended up that in 15 short minutes I was at the register and had just spent thirty unplanned dollars on a small plethora of cards, but it was completely worth it. -plus I'm in a great mood now so it's not like J's going to complain!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
i went there on Sunday. I agree, totally love the place. Makes you laugh, makes you think, makes you appreciate...totally agree.
Post a Comment