Of the three of parents' grandbabies, Bella currently holds the record at taking 17.5 sweet hours to finally make her grand entrance when she was born... I'm not sure if Andrea's going to claim she gets the new record with Baby Boy Santos since her labor day has been pushed back two times that she may try to claim 48+ hours. As bad as I feel for her, and as much as I feel her pain, Bella and I aren't sharing our record yet.
Andrea has pretty severe back pain from her years of elite volleyball, and with her first pregnancy it was oddly the first time her back didn't bother her at all. The story is not the same with this one. Her back is hurting her so badly with this pregnancy that her doctor told her to make the trek to Loveland (she's delivering there because she wasn't impressed with the hospital where they live) and they were going to induce. That was Friday. Saturday morning she was supposed to go in at 7:00 in the morning, which was pushed back to possibly the afternoon. That was pushed back to Sunday morning which was pushed back to Sunday late afternoon. Seven minutes before she was going to leave for the hospital she got a call that there wasn't enough room in the hospital and they'd try Monday morning.
Alex transformed into Superman at this point and drove to the hospital to argue Andrea's case that this wasn't just an uncomfortable pregnancy and pleading her case. When informed there may not be enough room, without hesitation he opens up his wallet and gets her a private room so she can be admitted. She was admitted first for her back pain but when they saw she's at 4-5 cm on her own, they've induced her and we expect Baby Boy within a few hours!!
I'm bumming pretty bad right now though because I want to be there so badly... this is my third nephew/niece and I've missed each of their births because I live too far away. As if it weren't enough, my best friend from my high school is in labor right now as well and she and Andrea are in the same hospital at the same time! She has one of the biggest hearts and best sense of humors of anyone I've ever known, and I know a baby was on her heart for a little while, so I'm just so happy for her and excited to meet her blessing baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I always liked Alex...now I like him even more. I'd be dying to get there as well. Can't wait to hear about Andi's baby. Keep us posted!
I keep checking back for more news... Hope you're having a great Monday!
I'm right there with ya on being too far away...I've missed my neice and 2 nephews births and will probably not get to meet the newest neice/nephew until s/he is already 6 months old. How sad is that?! But that's what digital cameras are for, right??? :D
Post a Comment