To make up for all the football I had to watch and fantasy football talk I had to pretend to be interested in last year I made Justin watch the Bachelor all season with me because my girlfriends at work and I made a fantasy bachelor league. it was hilarious, we earned points for the first girl to kiss him or get the one-on-one dates and lost points for crying or talking poo. Will you accept this rose?
This year I decided to step it up a little and accepted my cousin's invitation to play in an all-girl's fantasy football league. I figured if nothing else it would make me a cooler wife and I might make a couple dollars with a little beginners luck. Little did I know how easily this silly game consumes your life... or at least your Sundays. We haven't hurried home from church to doublecheck our rosters (yet) but it has been a big motivator in getting to the earlier service.
So far today I think we've watched about 4-5 hours of football and the Browns don't even play until tomorrow night... great. (I don't have any players left after tonight though so I might make him at least watch Gossip Girl with me between commercials. yes, I'm that girl. go ahead and judge.) I don't know anyone in my cousin's league, which probably is a good introduction to fantasy football because I get way too into this and there's potential I would seriously be mad at whoever beat me for a completely unreasonable amount of time. I'm winning by less than 20 points and she still has two players to go (doesn't paint a pretty picture for me) but I'm able to do the fantasy football dance with my husband twice tonight, made my baby girl laugh at the obsurdity and with the exception of Donovan McNabb's two interceptions and one fumble, it's surprisingly entertaining and totally worth my husband thinking I'm much cooler than I am.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment