Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Book Club of Sorts

one of my girlfriends from work and I are thinking about starting a book club at work. seriously, my mother would be so proud! For now, the books I'm trying to read quickly are the books that have been turned into movies, or the ones about to be released... I started The Secret Life of Bees, but wasn't able to finish it before my friends wanted to go to the movie, so I broke the rule and watched it anyway. Now I get why our mom made us finish the book before the movie because now, even though I loved her writing style and the story I was reading, I haven't finished it... next on the list:
  • The Boy in Striped Pajamas

  • Dear John

  • Twilight

  • My Sister's Keeper (I've already read it, but loved it and want to read it again)

  • Marley and Me

  • He's Just Not Into You

3 comments:

kails said...

i was forced into seeing twilight. then i read the book. i still don't understand what all the obsession is about...
but enjoy!
and my roommate in australia decided she needed to buy he's just not that into you, then proceeded to read it out loud to me any chance she got. i don't really get how they're gonna make a movie out of it... but i'm excited to see.

Anonymous said...

I read the Secret Life of Bees and loved it. Another book you might want to add because they're turning it into a movie is The Time Traveler's Wife.

Kristen said...

daner- read marley and me. it was a great book and surprisingly non-fiction. true story about a writer, his family, and obviously the dog. you'll really like it!


"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next..." Gilda Radner
"The beauty of grace is it makes life unfair."


Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Studio Miki