Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Thursday, May 1, 2008

a wish list of sorts

As the countdown begins to Baby Bail's arrival (only 7 days!) my emotions bounce around quickly and erratically from excited to nervous to scared to anxious to thrilled to hopeful… I’m sure this is normal for first time mothers, right?! I feel like it would be so much easier right now if I just knew when she was coming! I’m currently disregarding the contractions because my doctor said to expect them irregularly, but I’m also nervous that I wouldn't be paying them the attention they deserve and I’ll wait too long to go to the hospital and end up delivering in the car.

I’m hoping to post more frequently in this next week to document the range of emotions and stories… for now I wanted to share a card I got from one of my dearest friends in college. Camille was my first friend at Geneva and although we’re completely different we seem to share this kindred spirit and we will remain friends in spite of the opposite characteristics. Anyway, she sent a card awhile back that makes me think about what Baby Girl is going to be like someday including which traits she’ll reflect that Justin and I have, and which she’ll develop on her own. Kiki’s speculations:

From Justin – "a strong will to succeed and a sense of humor"
From me – "an ability to remember it’s the small things, an ambitious ambition"
From both – "creativity, inspiration, and love"

This got me thinking of traits in our immediate family that if I could handpick, our children (Baby Girl and those that *hopefully* follow) would inherit:

From Mom – her artistic ability (she’s an amazing artist!) and independent spirit
From Dad – the desire to constantly seek ways to put family first
From Will – an addictive charm, quick wit, and steadfast hold to values
From Andrea – willingness to accept new roles asked of her… and succeed
From Briana – a forgiving heart and youthful spirit

From Jeff – a strong sense of family and actively engaging in each others lives
From Miriam – creativity and the ability to let the little things slide
From Nate – the passion and joy he has in his relationships
From Danielle - a fun and energetic way of life

2 comments:

Angela said...

that list is such a great idea!

I hope everything goes really well for you this next week, Dana. I'll be thinking of you and your family of soon-to-be-three! :-)

Sherry said...

I love this! So excited for you...I know you have a lot on your plate...but keep us posted:).