Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Saturday, May 10, 2008

oh baby where art though?

I'm sure those who have been through this before think I'm being dramatic - but Baby Girl is still late. I know it's only two days, but I cannot even express to you how much I know she wants out! Everyone keeps telling me she's not come yet because she's not ready - this girl is ready! I'm also ready, it's my stupid body that's not cooperating with us.

I had my last OB appointment on Wednesday and she had good news for me, I'd dilated one centimeter!! I returned her look of excitement and encouragement with a "what kind of crazy pills are you on?!" ONE CENTIMETER?! I'm not trying to be all Negative Nancy on everyone, but I keep hearing stories from women who were 1-2 centimeters for weeks on end, and I was finally at one just a day before her due date. Apparently there were more changes she was optimistic about (I'm much more effaced) and she wouldn't be surprised if Baby Bail came on her own sometime this weekend. It's already Saturday night and not lookin' good for tomorrow (although talk about stealing the thunder on Mother's Day!)

I'm scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, May 13th if she doesn't come on her own before then. I'd much rather her come completely naturally, but my parents are here to help with everything because Justin won't have much time off work afterward, and if she's two weeks late, they'll be gone and I'll be a mess. So the induction is scheduled for Tuesday and I have to go the hospital Monday night to get the process slowly started. The more I think about the actual labor, the more I panic so I still try not to think about it and just handle it as it comes. Anyway, that's all I have for now - anxious to meet our baby and our world to flip upside down. We'll keep everyone updated on our blog, check often!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

so the end is for sure in sight!?! So excited for you! I saw Bri tonight and she filled me in a bit. I'll be stalking your blog for the next few days!! Good luck!

Sandra said...

Not sure of the current status on the Baby Girl Bail front, but a very Happy Mother's Day to you anyway Dana!

Angela said...

fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Dana... This is so exciting :)