There’s a baby pool going on at work right now for Baby Girl’s assumed arrival date. It’s been pretty fun but this morning I was a little shocked when I saw one of my friends first thing and instead of the usual hello I got “damn it!” I stared at her, more than a little confused, and she reminded me that she had Sunday afternoon’s slot for the pool – so she lost. I laughed and apologized that Baby’s taking her time… it’s fun how into this people at work are getting. Even the play-by-play commentators for the local TV broadcast already have ways to work in mentions of her birth into their broadcasts!
My latest OB appointment was Thursday and resulted in tears: I’m not dilated. at all. even a little. not almost. I’d been having irregular contractions for a little over a week and what was getting me through the discomfort (read: awful pain) was knowing it serves a purpose and we’d get to finally meet Baby Girl soon. Hearing that not only am I not dilated and barely effaced, but will likely be late, was frustrating to say the least.
She’s been more active than ever right before the contractions come, when I look down at my stomach as she’s playing Dance Dance Revolution in the womb, it’s more weird than precious. I feel like I’m not in control of my body and it’s not necessarily a part of me anymore. Before with random kicks and summersaults Baby and I were a team – coexisting together and enjoying each others company, now I seriously almost feel like I’m disappointing her because the girl is out of room! The inn is closed! She knows it and I know it, but nothing’s happening! She wants out and my body is the stupid thing restricting her and denying her what we both want right now.
I’m definitely ready for her to come now (I’m not at all prepared, but I am ready!) and I’m even willing to share her, which I think is a big step! Justin could not be more excited to meet her, and my mom says daily how anxious she is to hold her. I want to see her and hold her and be completely overwhelmed with her. It’s completely insane to think that she’ll be here within the week – hopefully. the contractions still hurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Here's hoping that Gertrude makes her arrival soon. And that you don't go 10 days past your due date, like I did with Devyn. =(
so baby girl is taking her time huh?? i'm sorry my pictures didn't help. i was hoping that maybe baby girl would see that and get so excited she would decide it was time to try out some of that delicious food :)... can't wait to see pictures!!! miss you girl. good luck
this was hilarious to read...though I'm sure not so hilarious for you to write. Been thinking of you lots!
I say we go bowling on Friday to try to coax her out ;)
Is she here yet????? Miss you! Thinking about you lots!
Post a Comment