Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Saturday, April 12, 2008

April Showers

The frickin' funk is finally finished (say that twelve times fast!) except for Monday to Friday from about 9-5. So this is what it's like to not be in love with your job... pretty frustrating and disheartening. I can't really complain too much because I know that I've been blessed, but certain situations (people) are really just wearing me down. ANYWAY...

Since the last post twelve years ago I've been completely overwhelmed by the generosity of family and friends at baby showers at home in Loveland, work, and Justin's mom threw a shower for us. Seriously, everyone's kindness with their gifts, and simply making it to each shower left Justin and I feeling so blessed and loved. Baby Girl needs for nothing (except two parents who know what the purpose for each gift we received was and where on Baby it's necessarily expected to be used...) and by the end of last weekend it looked like Babies 'R Us threw up in our living room. Seriously, she's set - the duffel bag of the clothes my niece Lili doesn't fit in anymore combined with everything else we've been given and bought - she easily has not only more clothes than Justin and I, but nicer and she'll be trendy even *gasp*

As soon as Justin read about the nesting instinct that every pregnant woman gets, he's been asking me when mine will kick in... ten weeks later and I'm officially nesting - I think. Really, Justin has to do all the work because he's ridiculously overprotective that I don't over extend myself... I have no idea how I got so lucky to have a loving and paranoid husband! As a result, my nesting has basically consisted of deciding what I'd like to do for her nursery and then Justin making it happen. Nothing is really finished (in order to make one thing happen it seems like B, C and D need to be done first) but we're well on our way. Her changing table and crib have been put together. We picked out the dresser and pick it up Tuesday. The only furniture left that we'd like to put in her room is a rocking chair or glider. I found out Friday that my nesting is going to become even easier because after I told Justin's mom, Miriam, how we planned on painting the room, she saw through my uncertainty and is coming over on Thursday while we're at work to decorate the nursery to compliment the bedding set I chose. As long as it doesn't end up too pink... I'm stoked to have an interior designer take over the room! I trust her though and can't wait to see it finished!

36 weeks down, 4 to go (I hope!)

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

You look amazing!!! =) I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has flown and I can't wait to meet your little one. (She will always be Gertrude in my mind.) Anyway, hang in there about work. The break during maternity leave with help immensely. Love you...

Sherry said...

Hallelujah for only having FOUR weeks left!!! So excited for you. You look great! You'll have to post a picture of the finished room.