Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Definitely Unexpected!

I should be writing thank yous right now, but after writing so many I kind of go into auto-pilot and I don't want there to be any insincerity in them... so a blogger break! I didn't mention in my last post that I had some surprise guests at my Ohio shower -

Justin and I were at a Cavs game last Thursday with my aunt who flew out from California for the shower and some of her friends that live in the area. It was nice to just relax and cheer like a crazy person with my aunt, a much needed break and distraction from the week! During the game J gets this bizarre text message from his friend that he needs to be picked up from the bar - it wouldn't have been that bizarre if it wasn't only 9:00p. I'm the biggest lightweight there is and even I was generally able to make it past 9:00! I knew his friend was having a hard time with his girlfriend so I didn't think too much about it and even agreed with Justin when he said he was going to swing by and make sure everything was golden. I was talking (gossiping) with a mutual friend after Justin left when we got home, and she said how it was weird that he texted he needed a ride because her husband had just spoken with him and said he seemed totally fine.

At this point, crazy hormonal unreasonable pregnant Dana emerged and my sincere immediate thought: Justin is cheating on me!! His friend obviously had some girl at his house and J went over and cheated on his pregnant wife! I start frantically sending him these completely absurd text messages - and he only responds with general "I don't know what you're talking about" and doesn't say when he'll be home so at this point I'm convinced he was cheating. (I know I know, my husband Justin, cheating?! Trust me, I was shocked too...) I'm in bed and when I hear him pull up I'm ready to start grilling him just glaring at the door waiting for him to emerge.

...and my MOM walks through the door! I can't even explain the confusion and shock when I saw her that I literally screamed and hid under my covers - what sense does that make?! I'm under the covers trying to make sense of everything and I started panicking because I know she was flying out for Baby Girl's delivery, so crazy hormonal ridiculous Dana now decides that somehow my mom knew I was in labor, and I had no idea! I'm trying to figure out why I couldn't feel any contractions when I was interrupted by another voice. I peered out from under the covers and my sister Andrea was doubled over next to Mom laughing at the absurdity of my reaction. I can honestly say it was one of my favorite weekends I can remember in a long time! One of the things I know I'm missing most by living in Ohio so far from my family is the girl time with my mom and sisters. It was so refreshing and I feel like it brought me back, and I've missed that girl.

Mom and Sissy - I love you, thank you!

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh my word! You can't see me but I'm laughing hysterically right now. I can SO picture that reaction and I love it! =) Go pregnancy hormones!!

Sherry said...

oh!!! Your mom is seriously the greatest. This brought tears to my eyes...I can't imagine how excited you were. Are they coming back for the delivery too?