I had a majorly minor freakout last week after my OB appointment (I'll definitely share the story later, it'd be a waste not to let other people laugh at my expense...) and it was the first time I'd called my mom literally crying so hard I could barely talk over absolutely nothing. Justin wasn't even phased by this, the entire time I was on the phone with my mom he was walking around cleaning. I blame it on the hormones, but I've always been emotional so being pregnant may just be a ridiculously perfect excuse... anyway, the next day I had an email from my mom waiting in my inbox at work with the following picture and description:
- she was younger than I am now
- she only saw her parents one time during her pregnancy with me (we lived in Texas they were in Southern California and she happened to fly home for my uncle's wedding, I'll be going home for a quick weekend in February)
- like me, she was working full-time. except my dad had been away at a technical training school for over a month when the picture was taken, making the holidays especially challenging because in addition to me being only four months, my brother was barely two
- they couldn't afford the latest in children's toys, nursery furniture or clothes (evident by my brother's hand-me-downs I'm sportin' like a champ!)
- in spite of it all, both she and I look happy, healthy and content

She was pointing out that I'll be sad if I miss out on the wonderfulness of this time by letting myself get carried away with things I don't need to worry about. So, I've been instructed to relax, enjoy and be a mother who's composed and in charge. My entire life people have told me how much I am my mother's daughter--hopefully that will be the same with Baby Girl and I!
4 comments:
Composed and in charge, hmmm, love those words and that charge. I promise, you may not always feel those things but you'll be able to stuff them deep down when the time comes. I know you'll be able to rise to any occasion that is thrown at you. I am confident that you are going to be a wonderful wife, mother, and employee. You'll be able to juggle it, I promise.
Hang in there, pregnany hormones tend to exxagerate everything! =)
Your mom is so neat. And don't worry! There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, nothing at all. You'll be wonderful at being a mom, I know it. You've got a great mom to take after:).
:) your mama has good advice yo!
speaking, thinking of babies-remember Luke Gale? Lindsey and him were married...and last year they had a little baby girl named "Ruby".
much lub to you my far away Ohio friend
:)
Your mom is such a smarty! Sometimes it is so hard to see the happy through the stress-weeds...
Post a Comment