Today was officially my last day of work - I was assisting on events as needed as my boss is looking for a replacement - so I sent out the officical "goodbye" email. I considered not sharing on my blog because I didn't want it to seem insincere, but it's a memory for me. So here goes...
"I know I’ve sort of kind of been gone already for a month, but as I’m finally officially leaving I couldn’t very well leave without emailing any sort of goodbye. Although I know I’ve made the right choice, and I’m blessed and excited to have time to spend with my babies, this change and transition is intimidating as all hell and I know that I’ll miss this place. I can’t do individual thank yous, because it will wreck me (and conveniently nobody is actually here today) so I wanted to sum it up in a way that will likely not make sense to anyone… but here’s hoping:
It was a pretty fantastic thing when a line from my favorite movie was mentioned in one of my favorite TV show years ago. Young Dawson was troubled because there were too many changes coming up and it was intimidating, so his girlfriend explains that the part everyone remembers about the Wizard of Oz doesn’t resonate with the rest of the movie. Everyone remembers the line “there’s no place like home” but forgets that home is a gray, dust-bowl of a place where an old lady was trying to kill your dog. Oz on the other hand is Technicolor and along the way you make friends. There are these people you never knew existed growing up. Straw people, tin people and lions – and throughout the shared journey you help each other realize that the things you want to be, you already are.
I basically just moved to Cleveland when I got this job, and like the chapter now before me, it was intimidating. But I made friends… so, thank you for being my straw people, tin people and lions. Working for the Cavaliers has been phenomenal opportunity – but I know the reason I loved this job so much wasn’t the day to day but the people who filled it. Please keep in touch, I plan to."
Monday, December 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I know you put this on here weeks ago, but I just got the chance to read it. I love what you wrote! I hope you're enjoying your time at home with the kiddos. Now you just need to work on moving back to CO. ;-)
Post a Comment