Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

early arrival? or TBD?

Okay, so nearly 24 hours later and I’m no less overwhelmed, but have to update with a quick thank you to all of you who immediately emailed, called or text to give words of encouragement and empathy assuring me I’m not the only one that feels this way sometimes. It’s just a rut I know, but I’ve been stuck here for awhile and need to be more aggressive to get myself out of this.

I do want to give an update on B2’s upcoming arrival – at my OB appointment we talked about a date to induce if he doesn’t come on his own, but I would be surprised if I made it more than another week… I think he’s ready! I’m already dilated 2.5 cm and 50% effaced and have contractions every day (just not close enough together to actually cause alarm). He’s dropped and I look like I’m carrying a watermelon under my shirt, no cute basketball anymore.

two weeks ago at 36 weeks

QUICK STORY: not even kidding when I was working at a Cavs game this week I was doing the sideshuffle through a row of empty seats during pregame and this lady in the row in front of me leans backwards to stretch out of nowhere and I completely hit her across the head with my stomach! She turned around to apologize but couldn’t get the words out when she realized what I had clearly hit her with… her eyes got really big and horrified, it was hilarious!

My doctor started going through the signs of labor with me and I realized I have no idea at all what to do. I know I’ve done this before, but I had an idea the whole time that Bell was going to be late, my body wasn’t cooperating and I accepted she was going to make her arrival on a day scheduled by the doctor. Not this guy, I think he’s going to do it on his own, which means I’m going to be in labor on my own, I won’t be at the hospital the whole time with nurses checking on me and explaining everything to me. How completely terrifying is that?! BUT – D Day, should I make it that far, is scheduled for Friday, March 19th – that’s nine days way folks. NINE! That means tomorrow it’s only eight days, and then seven. I’m not sure if you noticed the trend (and it’s not just that I’m phenomenal at math) but those are single digits!

YES mom, I realize that women are delivering babies in shambles in Chile and Haiti right now and women even did it on the Oregon Trail (but I played the game and they only mostly survive) I’m not downplaying the severity for others, but I'm panicking all the same!

A welcomed opportunity - something I can control and plan for: I’ve started putting my hospital bag together just in case and plan on finishing tonight, I’ve got Plans A and B in place for someone to take care of Bella, and I know what we’re bringing for Baby Boy, I just need to get it all put together. Justin, however, is pretty confident all he needs for the hospital is a bag of Oreos and a tshirt. He also packed a DVD player and watched the movie 300 last time… such a boy. He seems to think his new task for this year would be to find a movie as gory as 300 to usher in another beautiful miracle of life. I’m a lucky woman. haha!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Don't you worry, girlie. Everything will be fine. I've been there, I know how you're feeling, but God is so awesome, he knows that how much you're struggling more than anybody! And you know what else? He loves you more...more than Justin, more than your parents & siblings, MORE. He wants what is best for you and he will provide that for you. Keep trusting and keep praying. You're going to look back and say "Wow, look how much He did for me!" :) Miss you Dana. Sending you a great big hug!!

Christine said...

Love the updates. Keep them coming. I love the way you write too. Praying for you, a safe delivery, and a healthy baby boy.

molly said...

I keep waiting to see on your blog that you're in labor;) And atleast Justin has a few things he wants to bring (even is they're just oreo's) Joe didn't feel the need to bring anything until my water broke and he was running around the house trying to grab a ton of stuff!

Auntie said...

Tell Justin to bring Braveheart. It was pretty bloody for its day.
Auntie