BUT there’s something to pull me out of my blogger’s slump – Andrea’s birthday is today and she deserves to know she’s thought of and loved so this one goes out to you Sissy!
Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on
Every time I hear this song on the radio I stop what I’m doing, turn it up and sing along. Seriously, every time to a fault, even if I’m mid-conversation with Justin. But I know you know this because your voicemail box has been littered with messages from me singing to you. If I’m in the passenger seat don’t put it past me to dance along, although it’s just one half of the dance so it’s never as good as it was for our performances, but I think of you and even years ago when we weren’t so friendly, it made me smile.
I can remember vividly making up the dance, all the stellar choreography complete with handstands, acrobats, and the worm and it. was. awesome. I remember practicing in the Baratta’s basement to really wow the crowd for the culmination of the mini talent show. We never felt the need to change it up or make a new dance for the two of us, because why mess up a good thing?! I wanted to dance with you to this song at my wedding, and then was hoping to convince you to break it out at yours…. so now I figure that’s what our daughter’s weddings will be for!
Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain, we all have sorrows
But, if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow
There’s also the home video of you running out of our shared bedroom crying and tattling on Will and I for not letting you play the 3 Little Pigs with us unless you were the Big Bad Wolf but you didn’t want to be the wolf and we were so completely unfair. There’s so much irony laced in that now, it seems like it should be funny. It wasn’t always me against you though, when we joined forces we were something to be reckoned with… or at least our super hero Barbies were as they took flight tied to the fan above our bunk beds.
Through the ups and downs of our relationship, I am so happy to be where we are now as friends and confidants. It’s truly been a lifesaver. and I’m so excited to watch our children grow up and become close friends, even if they’re separated by five states and the entire Midwest, or all of Central America. I’m confident they’ll be close because of the friendship that you and I have developed as we've each embarked on this ridiculous journey of being an “adult”. and I must tell you, I'm much better off for that friendship. Happy Birthday Andrea!






4 comments:
i know this was a very specific post and i felt like i was sharing in a special moment that's not mine while reading it but obviously i read it anyway... public domain.
anyways... i can't hear that song either without thinking of you guys dancing to it! seriously... even before i read the part where you said that and right when i read the first lyrics it was an instant flashback to the baratta's basement, the stage at calvary, your living room, our back patio... seriously how many times did you guys do that?!
i just love you both and i love watching you guys be moms and wifeys together, even though it's kinda in a creepy outside stalkerish way :)
ummmm if you didn't spy on me in the basement from the window well I may believe that you didn't snoop... haha! love you Kailey!
Aww, happy birthday Andrea! I LOVE those pictures of the two of you with your girls! :)
Misty!
Post a Comment