Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Saturday, January 24, 2009

on the move!

For about five weeks Bella has been crawling - but only backward. if she had to get something in front of her she would just lunge forward and roll the rest of the way. it was hilarious! when she ran into something crawling backward she would just butt bump against it for a solid 30 seconds and sit down. our girl cracks us up! yesterday when I dropped her off at day care I turned to see her once more before leaving but had a hard time spotting her in the midst of all the crawling kids. it took a minute to realize she was one of them!! I freaked out with excitement, teared up and spent the next five minutes taking her toys away from her so she'd crawl to me to get them! the workers at day care were laughing because apparently she's been crawling for a little while, just never at home, and they were under strict instructions not to tell me any milestones that happen at day care so I never feel like I'm missing anything, and we'll be there for all her firsts. haha! it was so awesome - I love her smile at the end of this video, so proud of herself!

it goes without saying that Bella crawling is the highlight of the video, but I loved that we
caught this while she was on the blanket I made Justin four years ago...
just a little bit of past and present.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Yay Bella! How fun to watch.

Britni said...

Yay...she's such a cutie. I love your story to go along with the video...personally I'd like to see a video of her butt bumping stuff. Miss ya!

Anne said...

Good job Bella! Look out mom & dad...now the REAL fun begins! ;)