Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cleveland

LeBron is gracing the cover of GQ this month and for the article a bunch of their reporters made the trek from NY to Cleveland to play basketball with him. They were staying downtown, and although it was unusually cold, the sense and gray of Cleveland left them with a feel for the city that's not all that far off...

"The people of Cleveland live a large portion of their lives inside a howling, subfreezing, youth-repelling, job-vanishing, anti-light box."
Okay, so it's possibly a little harsh (unfortunatley not really exaggerated) and I'm forced to update the count. Colorado: 12,650 Ohio: 110



WOW. already I have to throw out a quick T for timeout here – I’m not going fake naivety that their quote is negative nancy or can easily be taken with offense, but I think it’s important to take the quote in context of what they were talking about: the downtown city (not Ohio as a whole) which at this point I hold fast and unapologetically to my agreement with it. I’m downtown five days a week over eight hours a day surrounded by windows, yet inundated by the grouchy gray clouds constantly on the horizon (which is only heightened by the often overwhelming depressing and negative attitude spewed from its citizens and media daily). Really sincerely I don’t hate the state, but I'm not going to pretend like I didn't laugh a little when these writers basically hit the nail on the head... the article in full

2 comments:

Mike Medved said...

Wow, I've deleted my comment three times this post made me so mad. I'd better not say anything!

The Wilseys said...

Oh, come on Dana... it's not so bad here. Although, you could probably add Sam to your Colorado count. I have to defend comments like that from him all the time. He too thinks CO is the best place on earth!