Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Half Way to Meeting Baby Bail

Is it a little overly dramatic that as I think about week 20 officially (hopefully!) being the halfway mark, I can’t get the Bon Jovi “Livin’ on a Prayer” song out of my head?! As I sing it silently I’m visioning the fist pump and throwing your head back to really hit the notes too… haha!

Whooah, we’re half way there
Whoooah livin on a prayer
Take my hand and well make it - I swear
Livin on a prayer


All things considered the first half of my pregnancy has been relatively easy. As I understand it from Jenn, I’m incredibly fortunate to not have had any morning sickness at all. I’m still tired, and have given up hope that I’ll get the “second wind” that women get during their second trimester, but if that’s the worst of it I really can’t complain.

I was hoping I would feel Baby Bail moving around by now, but I haven’t really… I know it’s a mover and shaker though – you should see the ultrasounds, Baby doesn’t stop squirming! It’s incredible this little life I have inside me! We were listening to the heartbeat for the first time a couple weeks ago and we’d hear this occasional thump and the OB would ask if I felt it (I didn’t) because that was a kick. I’m pretty sure I felt Baby moving once while I was in the shower (all great thinking—and apparently baby movement—happens in the shower… I should never get out!) and it was equally amazing and weird!

I do the worst job at explaining what it felt like, but the best I can do is that it feels like those cartoons look when someone swallows a bomb or dynomite and then you see it expolde because their midsections expand… except it’s not painful obviously, it’s precious! It’s just weird to feel poked from the inside out.

Baby Bail has continued to morph through fruits and objects: from a turnip to a bell pepper then a large heirloom tomato (?) and is now a banana. It only weighs probably around 10 ½ ounces now, which freaks me out because I’m pretty sure I’ve put on more than the average 10 lbs most women gain in the first 20 weeks. But that’s a self-concious story for another day… It’s crazy to see ultrasounds and how much the fetus has already developed, and it’s only half-way done! Personally, I can’t see how anyone can go through a pregnancy and not see God glorified in each small detail of the baby’s development… it’s amazing!!

we were trying to get the pregnancy picture and Rocky jumped up to check it out, I think he knows!

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh, those pictures of your baby bump make MY heart happy. =) You look amazing Miss Dana; just beautiful and so very happy.

Please give our congrats to your husband! What an accomplishment!

Sherry said...

Yeah! Half-way. Are you finding out? I can't remember what you said. You look great by the way!