Justin and I were discussing whether we want to find out the sex of the baby last night over his birthday dinner... I didn't want to know and today I still want it to be a surprise. Justin really wants to know, which is bizarre because he's usually indifferent towards things like this. I'm not sure if it's because I've been doing PR for a few years but I feel like I was doing a good job of pitching why we should wait to find out and thought I was really getting through and might get my way on this one. Then Justin, reaching so far to make a point, starts bringing up things we won't be able to get done before the baby is born:
Justin: You won't be able to buy all the clothes you'd want
Dana: I know, it would be annoying
Justin: It will be harder for you to figure out which nursery you'd want
Dana: I know
Justin: We wouldn't be able to stock up on diapers...
Dana: *silence*
Justin: We'd have to go get them after the baby is born
Dana: What are you talking about?
Justin: *silence*
Dana: OH MY GOSH you think baby boys and girls wear different diapers?!
Justin: (laughing and clearly embarrassed) They don't?!
Dana: (can't actually say anything because I doubled over laughing)
our poor child, it probably doesn't stand much of a chance. I'm going to look for a Daddy Bootcamp immediately--and make sure he takes notes because I know more than Justin, but barely and I'm way too proud to go to a class to teach me things my motherly instinct should eventually let me know...
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Ok, seriously, this is a laugh-out-loud kind of story. Poor Justin is probably going to KILL you for sharing it with the world wide web, but this HAS to go in the baby book. His and her diapers! Hilarious.
Thinking of you guys!
That's hilarious! Give him a hug... tell him to hang in there. They seem to pick up the daddy thing pretty quickly! Then he'll be giving all sorts of advice to other daddy's! He's gonna be a great one!
Yeah.. this blog stuff is pretty new to me, but fun! It's nice to be able to catch up with people I love and miss... like you! :)
well actually, some brands make boy diapers and girl diapers. the difference (besides colors or pictures) is in where the majority of the absorbent material is located.
obviously I can't give any wise advice on finding out your baby's gender or that sort of thing, heh... really, I don't know how I would decide whether to find out or not! there seem to be pros & cons about each option. I'm sure you'll be really excited either way though :-)
I forgot you had this blog until you mentioned it on the phone, so I had to catch up a little...this story is hilarious!! Poor Justin, just keep reminding him that infants can't walk...miss you guys!
Post a Comment