- My sister and I are thinking of starting an online store on etsy to sell rag quilts. They've become a sort of hobby of ours (and awesome gifts that we get to make) and I'm obsessed with etsy, but a quick search showed really not many people are selling them. They make awesome gifts so hopefully we can be successful with it... but we can't come up with a name for our store or the time to make some for stock that aren't already predetermined as gifts.
- With the exciting news of our pregnancy comes the sad realization that I'll miss out on pomegranate margaritas this summer... a small price to pay I'm aware, but since our weekend in Chicago last September I've oh so been looking forward to sharing a pitcher of margs and some chips and dip on the patio with anyone willing to throw a few back. meh.
- Although I love winter, my recent SAHM status is giving me serious cabin fever and I'm ready to get out with the babies to enjoy a little sunshine, should Cleveland ever provide it. We went on a walk around the block yesterday and Bella was completely in her element pedaling her little heart out on the tricycle my parents gave her last year. I think she'll be more well behaved when she can spend her extra energy outside... and I need a better behaved toddler. (I'm well aware of the irony of that statement - but a girl can dream)
- I don't regret my decision to quit my job and be home with the babies, in every way it was the best decision for our family, but I can't pretend to have rose colored glasses and say this hasn't been really hard. My mommy dating has been a bust so no play dates for this mama. We get out of the house plenty going to the gym, story time at the library or just running errands, but J just started tutoring after work (surprisingly good money, and a huge blessing) so I'm home alone even longer each day. I just need to figure a way to have a better heart about this - I understand it's a fleeting time in my life where life is simply not about me - but it's a challenge all the same. Some days just feels like my day is meant to keep babies from crying and clean up the same mess over and over. I can't say I've had an entire good day, but I've had enough of the moments from them that melt my heart.
- I absolutely love hearing Justin play with the babies... Bella has this deep belly laugh that is guarenteed to come out when they play, and Austin laughs in delight to just be a small part of whatever their little adventure or game is. It is literally the sweetest sound I can think of and I'm hooked.
- I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to continue going to the gym with my pregnancy (or at least how long it will be worth the cost since I can only get my heart rate so high and am not supposed to lift more than 15 pounds) but I've enjoyed it for the time being. I can't say that Zumba is my favorite class, but it is the class I attend most. It is the most embarrassing thing ever. I always thought I had an ounce of rhythm in me (I'm a quarter Puerto Rican for goodness sake, it has to be in me somewhere) but it turns out, not so much. I've set a few rules in place for reach time I go: avoid looking in the mirror at all cost, find someone who knows less what they're doing than you do, never ever go with anyone you know, don't take yourself too seriously and laugh freely, openly and with no abandon. I would go ahead and take that last one to heart and apply it to all aspects of life... I'm going to go back to that, finding joy in the little things.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
catching up with bullets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment