Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Saturday, October 17, 2009

movin and groovin

I felt the baby move for the first time this morning! I was awake before J and Bella in our hotel room and just laid there still in the silence willing baby to say hello... after about a minute I got two soft kicks right to my hand. I almost forgot how awesome, intimate and wonderful it is to feel the baby move around.

I still don't feel anything in all my fat-big-belly-glory when I'm walking around or sitting still, but I'm only 18 weeks, so I feel lucky to have those stolen moments this morning!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Yay!!! Don't you just love that feeling?
Can't wait to hear more about the next baby.

Anne said...

I agree; it's an amazing feeling. And it's so fun to feel the little kicks and punches earlier the 2nd time around.

Sherry said...

oh! makes me want just.one.more :)

Nicoolmama said...

That is the BEST feeling.

I felt all my boys early- so early no one believed me. Mason was 13 weeks, Will was 11 weeks and Theo was 14 weeks- although it was the fluttering movement, not the actual kicking.

Enjoy every moment Dana- pregnancy is SUCH a beautiful experience!