My mother-in-law and I took a cake decorating class awhile ago because I had these high hopes of a rocked out cake for Bella's 1st birthday... we decided to test our skills at my sister-in-law's baby shower and what started out as a complete disaster (may have had something to do with the bottle of wine we shared, oops?!) turned out to be the hit of the party if I do say so myself - and I do. ha!
we had three different types: strawberry, chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate - the strawberry was made from scratch with real strawberries... delish!
getting started - the first plan was a baby sleeping in a blanket all the pieces seperate...
not any better all pieced together! ((ugh))
Plan B = lady bug cupcakes for her lady bug themed nursery...
MUCH better!
Anyway, my big lesson with Bella's birthday party in four days: not there yet and not worth spending hours trying to figure it out. yet. here's hoping she'll be impressed for the next one... haha!






1 comment:
Very impressed. My Mom used to make a doll cake from scratch for all the nieces first birthdays. I remember cousin Laurie had her make one for Missy and Missy is a year older than you!! memories.
Auntie
Post a Comment