When I was feeding Bella this morning, I realized that I slept pretty good the night before... Generally I have a husband hogging the bed, a dog creeping on the bed as soon as we've gone to sleep and one of our cats laying on my legs - it's hard to get good shut eye with all that on a queen size bed. I did a quick scan and Justin was surprisingly still there (KIDDING!) so was Rocky but I realized I hadn't seen Meeker in awhile. (For those not familiar about our animal house: we've added a new member to our family every spring since I've moved to Ohio. First Meeker, then Sciota, Rocky and this year Bella.)
I started to get really upset because not only was I not entirely sure Meeker was even missing, but I had no idea how long she's possibly be gone for. I felt horrible, probably especially so because from the beginning it was just me and her. She was my companion while I was chillin' at home unemployed because the economy in Cleveland is just that awesome, and every morning since she runs to our bed when she hears the alarm on my phone, crawls on my stomach (it was a little harder when I was pregnant, not that she didn't try) and she slept in the sink which always made me laugh.
Justin went looking for her this morning outside around the house, and after he left and a tearful phone call to my mom I sat on the back porch and called her name for about five minutes making this clicking sound she usually responded to and sure enough she came waltzing from around the shed in the backyard. I think she was staying underneath the shed in all its nastiness. I've got the shampoo waiting in the utility sink for Justin to give her a bath when he gets home. She's back with a vengence now... she has some street cred, she's already smacked Rocky around a little bit. Anyway, long story short - she was lost, now she's found and the absurd family is complete again. all before noon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I love the end of your story! Made me laugh! Be careful... with his street cred. He may start a gang and is that really the life you want for your beautiful baby girl? :) So... what's the news on when you'll be home??I can't wait to see you and your beautiful Bella!
Post a Comment