Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Picture Me

I was tagged by Jenn from Knee Deep in Munchkinland for the "picture me" meme. I've had an online journal for years but I'm new to these memes people speak of, sounds like fun to me though so I'm going to give it a shot! I'm supposed to choose a picture of me, write about it and then choose three other people to play this fun game. It should come as no surprise however, that my first meme I'm going to cheat a little. It's not a picture of me, but I took it (and I have another picture I plan to post another time, but need to find a scanner to get it and who knows how long that will actually take...) so these will hopefully count!

When Briana brought BJ to Ohio for a visit last December, it was basically the first time Justin and I have ever been around an infant for longer than a couple hours. I can laugh at these pictures, but Justin was a champ when Briana expected us to change our first dirty diaper... I absolutely would not but Justin stepped up to try to figure it out. Poor guy--Briana said this was one of the worst diapers she'd even seen yet! It was straight dirrrrty! J did great though, he only had to run out of the room with dry heaves once, haha! To be honest, I think we're both a little scarred from this day. I have high hopes I'll be able to continue avoiding the super gross diapers, but don't have high expectations that will actually happen. frick. I'm not sure if this post was supposed to be deeper than it obviously is, but in light of Baby Bail in the near future I thought it was at least appropriate.

...and now I tag Sherri, Janaque and Britni (as soon as I find her blog address!) to choose a picture and tell their story.

4 comments:

Janaque said...

How funny!
Rob struggled before Gavin was born... He was supposed to change our niece, Kaelyn's diaper... He about lost it and I had to step in to finish...

But now he's a pro! Although, there are still those diapers that will make his eyes water, and then he'll let me know that all the diapers for the rest of the day are mine!

I'll try and pick a picture and post something today or tomorrow!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ok, incredibly hysterical. Trust me, you will both get the hang of the diapering thing very soon. And if you have a boy, watch out for the winky. It'll get me every time if I'm not careful. =)

Sherry said...

That's so funny! You certainly get used to it:). How have you been feeling? I'll have to look around for some pics!

lucas d said...

dana i think your blog is pretty sweet. i like to read it but i'm not much of a comment-er. just wanted to let you know. how did you get it to be so cool looking?