Home         About Me         The Best of Me         Our Story         30 Before 30

Friday, November 9, 2007

One Down - Two to Go!

I'm officially done with my first trimester! -I think. I thought they were only 12 weeks long but apparently it's 13 full weeks... who knew. I'm in my 14th week and feel great! Although, technically I don't really feel pregnant and I feel like I should be relieved, but truthfully I'm a little bummed. I'm sure that will change when the baby is big enough that I feel it and get that connection you always hear pregnant women talk about. I'll patiently wait for it--but that's completely a lie because I don't do much of anything with any degree of patience.

I really like Baby Center's website. I love learning the weekly progress and development for my baby. Since I don't feel very pregnant it's been a great resource that's helped me feel much closer to Baby Bail already. It's completely insane (read miracle) to think and see how much growth happens week to week. God is amazing. In 14 short weeks our baby already looks like a baby and no longer a tadpole. It (hopefully?!) has all its fingers and toes and the brain is developing. This week the body starts to catch up to the size of the head and will look a little more normal, because right now it has this huge head and brain and little body--I think it just means it will be smart like Justin. A girl can dream...

It can make faces (squint, frown etc.) and could potentially already be sucking it's thumb! crazy right?! Likely it's approximately the size of lemon... I wonder if you start showing gradually or if you just "pop". I feel like I popped this morning! I woke up and I had this baby bump that's usually only there after big meals, but I started my day with one! I'll have to take some pictures so people can weigh in if I'm actually showing, or I just want to be so I'm convincing myself I actually am. Either way, it's pretty exciting!

The only aspect that entered Too Much Information Land was when I read that its kidneys are producing urine, which releases into the amniotic fluid around it, and ultimately into some something that's connected to me. Most might continue reading that and still see a miracle and beauty, but I'm freaking out that my baby is swimming in pee and worse, I have pee floating around in me?! It's disturbing.

2 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

You crack me up!! Seriously. I wonder where you come up with this stuff half the time. =) Congrats on passing the 1st trimester. I am SO happy for you and Justin. I am really looking forward to meeting Baby B.

Janaque said...

Congratulations!!
I didn't really feel pregnant with Gavin in my first trimester! Then in my second one I had the "quickening thing" and it became really real, really fast! I'm sure everyone says this, but I'll say it again... Enjoy every minute of this! It's gonna fly by!